Supply chain professionals now have another resource to help them in their day-to-day operations. Last week, US Customs & Border Protection (CBP) published a 79-page comprehensive list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and responses on its website related to its Automated Commercial Environment (ACE). Topics include:
- General ACE information
- New ACE entry summary, accounts and revenue capabilities
- ACE account application process
- ACE portal account functionality
- Periodic monthly statement filing
- Electronic truck manifest
ACE is the United States’ commercial trade processing system designed to automate border processing, to enhance border security and foster US economic security through lawful international trade and travel.
US Customs intends that ACE will eventually replace its current import processing system, the Automated Commercial System (ACS). ACE is part of a multi-year CBP modernization effort, beginning in 2001, that is being deployed in phases.
As part of its ongoing Trade Outreach program, US Customs will present next week a webinar entitled “ACE Reports: The Benefits of the New Entry Summary Universe.” The webinar, which is free and open to the trade, will occur on Tuesday December 7 from 2:00 – 3:30 pm (ET).
US Customs has just issued its November 2010 ACE Trade Account Owner Update. Highlights include:
- ACE report step-by-step instructions for sorting multiple HTS numbers reported on one line item (so they appear at the top of the report)
- New e-Manifest (Rail and Sea) reports, which will be available in early 2011, including two-hour refresh reports will include manifest data that has been created or changed within the past two hours.
- Guidance for importers who receive an error message when trying to respond to CBP Forms 28, 29 and 4647 through the ACE Portal.
- Link to the most recent version of CBP’s International Trade Data System (ITDS) Concept of Operations (ConOps) document, which sets forth in great detail anticipated next steps to be used in the ACE modernization effort, in the areas of automation, integration and communication.
- Answers to the trade’s questions on ACE
- And more
The ACE Trade Account Owner Update is available here.