US Customs has just issued its March 2011 ACE Trade Account Owner Update. Highlights include:
- Upcoming enhancements for ACE
- Document Imaging System (DIS) – Improved automated submission of imaged documents and data from participating trade partners to US Customs and Participating Government Agencies (PGAs). Goals are to speed up cargo release and exams, create central repository with nationwide visibility of documents, and quicker, cheaper review process. (Summer 2011 deployment targeted)
- ISF Portal – Authorized trade users can access the ISF Portal via link in ACE Portal. Increased access to ISF reports and queries, and ability for small importers to file up to 12 ISFs annually. (Spring 2011 deployment targeted)
- Post Summary Corrections (PSC) – Will allow filers to submit corrections (even multiple corrections) to ACE summary data previously submitted to CBP within the last 270 days, even if they are not the original filer. (Spring 2011 deployment targeted)
- Recent ACE Updates
- Improved searchability and sorting of AD/CVD messages
- Resolved formatting issue in Entry Summary Universe that adversely affected running modified reports and creating new reports.
- CBP 2011 Trade Symposium – Detailed instructions on how to participate in the April 13-14 symposium via webcast. The theme is “Working Together to Strengthen Economic Competitiveness.”
- Guidance for truckers and carriers for amending a previously filed ABI QP In-Bond entry. (See our March 11 blog post).
- Answers to the trade’s questions on ACE
- And more
The ACE Trade Account Owner Update is available here.