Yesterday, US Customs deployed the following new capabilities for the Automated Commercial Environment with respect to Importer Security Filings:
- Importers now have access through ACE to the ISF progress reports that have to date only been available via email subscription.
- These ISF progress reports, previously available only to importers, are now also available via ACE to ISF filers and sureties.
- Importers who file 12 or fewer ISF transactions per year will now be able to file and track their ISF transactions directly via the ACE portal, without the need to file via the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI).
Specific guidance about using the new functionality is available here.
Also, CBP announced additional ACE functionality that will be available by the end of 2011:
- Capability to query the status of an ISF transaction by transaction number and by bill of lading number, and
- Capability for Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) Tier 3 importers to query individual ISF transactions
The official notice is available here.