US Customs has just issued its July 2011 ACE Trade Account Owner Update.
- Next ACE Release: e-Manifest: Rail and Sea.
- Given the success of e-Manifests: Trucks, CBP will allow rail and sea carriers to transmit electronic manifest data to ACE (in accordance with Customs’ plan to replace AMS with ACE; CBP expects ACS to be decommissioned for rail and sea manifests by July 2012)
- Trade testing successfully completed; trade pilot to begin in September, with port rollout in Baltimore, Buffalo and Brownsville to follow in October
- Deployment will provide numerous benefits to the trade, as well as new rules and edits.
- New ISF capabilities deployed on July 13 – See our previous blog post for more details.
- Cargo Release Update – CBP has completed specifications documents, which are now under formal review; design and acquisition phase expected to commence in early 2012.
The ACE Trade Account Owner Update is available here.