Here’s a quick summary for new ACE capabilities that US Customs deployed recently:
- Expansion of the ACE Cargo Release (Simplified Entry) pilot to include:
- In-bond movements and partial quantities for ocean and rail shipments
- Basic processing for truck shipments
- Ability for filers to certify for ACE Cargo Release from their ACE Entry Summary record for air, ocean and rail shipments (Certified from Summary)
- New ACE entry summary validations for Merchandise Processing Fee (MPF) and Complex Duty Calculations (i.e., those entry summary lines with two HTS classifications
- Migration of the AES to the ACE platform for CBP and PGA users, and support for new Census Bureau and Bureau of Industry and Security regulations
CBP and the trade are also testing Cargo Release transactions for ocean shipments and PGA Message Set transaction for the USEPA, which when vetted, will be deployed in a future ACE release.
Reminder: Mandated use of certain ACE functionality will commence in May 2015 and mandated use of ACE for all trade processing will be required by October 2016. Make sure now that your ABI software is ACE-certified to avoid any problems next year!