As initially announced by CBP in CSMS# 17-000621 “Publication of an FRN Concerning Changes to the In-Bond Process”, and the Federal Register Notice dated September 28th, effective November 27th, 2017, CBP will now require that all in-Bonds must be filed electronically, with only limited exceptions.
Under this new rule, ELECTRONIC in-bonds are required for ocean, rail, and truck merchandise, PLUS the six-digit HTS will also now be required.
The methods available to submit an in-bond are through ACE (manifest) or ABI (QP/ WP). Read the Federal Register Notice here.
Bonded carriers and facilities can manage their own electronic filing process, and CustomsNow can assist with this transition. We are an ACE-certified, ABI software provider with QP/WP functionality and licensed brokerage support.
The benefits of electronic in-bond filing with CustomsNow are:
- In-bond Management: Create, update and/or arrive in-Bonds electronically
- Visibility: See real-time in-bond, PTT, CBP status results in seconds
- Control: Query any in-Bond, bill of lading or airwaybill with CBP
- Record Retention: Retain electronic results as evidence of release, arrival or export
- Savings: Save time and costs over manual or 3rd party processing