CBP’s mission statement is “To safeguard America’s borders thereby protecting the public from dangerous people and materials while enhancing the Nation’s global economic competitiveness by enabling legitimate trade and travel”.
Did you know that you can check out CBP’s website for a detailed snapshot of what CBP does on a typical day to uphold that mission?
Following are a few highlights:
- Processed: 1,069,266 passengers and pedestrians. 326,723 incoming international air passengers and crew. $6.3 billion worth of imported goods. Conducted 1,140 apprehensions between U.S. ports of entry.
- Arrested 22 wanted criminals at U.S. ports of entry.
- Identified 877 individuals with suspected national security concerns.
- Discovered 404 pests at U.S. ports of entry and 4,638 materials for quarantine – plant, meat, animal byproduct, and soil.
- Seized: 7,910 pounds of drugs, $289,609 in undeclared or illicit currency, $3.8 million worth of products with Intellectual Property Rights violations.
- Collected $122.7 million in fees, duties, and taxes.
- Facilitated the release of 89,315 entries of merchandise at our air, land, and sea ports of entry