CBP’s West Coast Trade Symposium will be held on May 24-25, 2017 at the DoubleTree Resort in Scottsdale, Arizona.
This year’s symposium includes discussions on E-Commerce, Interagency Vision, Streamlining Processes and Innovation and Technology.
New this year, the WCTS will feature multiple tracks to choose from and Center of Excellence and Expertise (CEE) management roundtables.
CustomsNow will be in attendance. See you there!
US Customs has announced that the 2017 West Coast Trade Symposium will be held on May 24-25, 2017 in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Details to follow here.
CustomsNow™ will be joining our friends at CSCMP Southern California Roundtable at its 3rd Annual Supply Chain Technology Summit on March 14. Please stop by the CustomsNow™ table at in the Exhibit Hall to learn more about how our technology solutions can automate critical parts of your supply chain.
Hear first-hand, from VCs, CEOs, incubators and leading tech companies, as well as top industry professionals, how and why our industry is able to embrace change at a pace never before thought possible. With a focus on clean tech, this all access pass to Silicon Beach includes a hosted lunch, Exhibit Hall and a Beer Garden Networking Event.
Panelists and Speakers Include:
Bill Mongelluzzo, Senior Editor, Journal of Commerce; Jonathan Rosenthan, Saybrook Capital, Weston Labar, Peart Strategies, Travis Schmidt, Car Track Technologies; Brett Parker, President/Co-founder, Cargomatic; Matt Weinberg, Ocean X Incubator, Don Thornton, DAT Solutions, Tylt Ventures
Cal State Dominguez Hill
Toro Innovation Incubator
1000 E Victoria St, Carson CA
Register now for the 96th Annual AAEI Conference & Expo which will be held in Austin, Texas at the JW Marriott Austin from June 20-22. Early bird registration is now open and runs through April 15. This year’s panel topics include:
- Trade Policy Status Update
- FTAs – Multi-Lateral vs Bilateral
- North America Update
- Comparing Disclosures
- Export Sanctions
- Managing Third-Party Providers for Your Global Export Program
- Trusted Trader
- Technology Transfers
- Divergence of Global Export Control Regimes
- ACE/PGAs/ITDS Update
- Setting Up a Global Export Control Program
Please stop by our CustomsNow™ booth #27 to say hello and check out our ACE-certified ABI software solutions and professional consulting services!
From our friends at CSCMP Southern California Roundtable:
What to Expect:
- Observe Toyota’s methods for storing parts and dispatching work for 50% higher productivity than competitors.
- Learn how JIT logistics doubled inventory turns while providing superior fill rates to dealers in the shortest lead-time.
- Experience Toyota’s culture of employee engagement for continuous improvement.
1425 Toyota Way
Ontario, CA 91761
- Tuesday Afternoon, February 21, 2017
- 12:00 – 12:30 Registration and Networking
- 12:30 – 12:50 Toyota Welcome, Introduction and Overview
- 12:50 – 2:05 Lean Warehouse Operations Tour/Presentation (Group 1/2)
- 2:15 – 3:30 Presentation/ Lean Warehouse Operations Tour (Group 1/2)
- 3:30 – 5:00 Networking Reception
- Individual Member: $65
- Individual Non-Member: $95
- Student Member: $23
- Young Professional Member: $45 (30 YO & Under)
FDA and CBP will be hosting a webinar on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm Eastern Time to review updates to FDA’s Supplemental Guidance for ACE Version 2.5 and the related PGA Samples. FDA will go over updates to the Implementation Guide that will go into Production on Thursday, February 9, 2017. FDA will also address the trade’s questions during the webinar.
(Note: Registrants will also be able to submit questions in advance via the registration link.)
The Food Marketing Institute (FMI) and Grocery Manufacturers Association (GMA), joined together as the Trading Partner Alliance (TPA),* are pleased to host their annual Supply Chain Conference April 30 – May 2, 2017 in sunny San Diego!
Now in its eighth year, over 500 retailers, manufacturers, and technology solution providers will convene for a joint conference filled with idea-stimulating educational sessions, interactive exhibits with the latest technology and relationship-building networking opportunities.
One of this event’s highlights will be:
Cultivating a Sustainable Future for the Guitar Industry Supply Chain
Charlie Redden, Director of Supply Chain, Taylor Guitars
- Charlie Redden is Director of Supply Chain for Taylor Guitars, a leading acoustic guitar manufacturer in the musical instrument industry.
- Redden will discuss the complexity of a global supply chain, the diminishing supplies of tropical tonewoods that have long been relied upon by instrument makers, and the innovative steps Taylor Guitars has taken to safeguard these precious resources for the entire industry by partnering with forestry experts to develop new paradigms of sustainable forestry.
- Redden will also share the valuable lessons he learned living in Cameroon as Taylor worked to transform an ebony mill and the ebony trade, the big-picture vision of cultivating tonewood forests for future generations, and his experience in managing a multi-layered international supply chain.
Register by January 31, 2017 to receive $100 off your registration fees!
*The Trading Partner Alliance (TPA) is a joint industry affairs/industry relations leadership group that was formed by GMA and FMI in January 2009. The TPA exists to develop a shared retailer-manufacturer agenda on supply chain efficiency issues, the application of information technology, the adoption of environmentally-friendly business practices and other issues. This common agenda is executed jointly by the FMI and GMA staffs and is overseen by the boards of directors of both organizations.
The Irvine Chamber of Commerce recently held a seminar, “Beyond the Numbers: Air & Sea Cargo Trends,” which included a particularly compelling presentation: “Trade Matters: How Los Angeles Trades With The World.”
There are many intriguing statistics about the Port of LA, including those included on the following slide:
Check out the complete PowerPoint presentation for even more facts and figures about LA imports >> LATradeStats2016.